Prepare A Basic Vision and Budget – Before selecting your venue and vendors, an estimated budget and number of guests is needed. (don’t worry you don’t need to have an exact list of who is attending, that comes later.) Costs for services are typically determined by the estimated number of guests and budget range. If you don’t begin here, costs, expectations and disappointments can escalate quickly.
Select Your Venue – The location of our wedding is the primary vendor to initially reserve. All other vendors will need to know where they will be going and if they offer services there. Don’t procrastinate… venues fill up their weekly calendars quickly especially during peak months and dates, you don’t want to lose out on the place your heart has been set on for your ceremony and reception!
Choose Your Key Vendors – Now that you know when and where you will be married, it’s time to book your primary vendors.
- Wedding Officiant – person marrying you and signing your Marriage License
- Wedding Event Planner/Coordinator(s) – they will guide you each step of the way to sort through the planning process to find vendors within your budget
- Caterers – Food Vendor(s) (if venue does not have their own on-site Caterer or Bartender)
- DJ – Ceremony Music Master and Emcee for Reception
- Photographer(s)/Videographer(s) – Who captures the precious moments of your special day
- Florist – Provides flower needs for wedding attendants and decorations for venue
All the other details can be planned now you have these key vendors in place!